[OpenIndiana-discuss] Annoying mouse twitchyness [Mate]

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon May 8 21:19:24 UTC 2017

Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> writes:

> I found a document on the web that actually explains what
> ConstantDeceleration does.  It's this one:
>
>     https://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/PointerAcceleration/
>
> It also describes the possible values of that option, as well as other
> options that you can use similarly.  Some of these options may be
> controlled by the mouse settings GUI, but some are likely not.

Thanks... I did run across that while googling on this a few days ago
before posting here... but went cross-eyed in pretty short order
trying to read it.

And as mentioned in OP I did try a few settings with xset and xinput.
I did not see any change or even anthing noticeably different when I
tried a few.  Seemed to be totally ignored.

Looking again now... I feel like Daffy Duck in a few minutes.

Here is an example from the choices under:

     AccelerationProfile [Integer]

And this is the one Labeled SIMPLE:

   * Transitions between accelerated/unaccelerated, but with a smooth
     transition range. This has the fundamental problem of
     accelerating on two niveaus, on which acceleration stays
     independent of velocity. Traditionally the default however.

When I come out of the trance that kind of stuff puts me in.. I'll try
to carry on... hehe.