[OpenIndiana-discuss] Annoying mouse twitchyness [Mate]

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed May 10 22:37:22 UTC 2017

Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> writes:

[...]

> At least it does provide the names of the variables and possible
> values for them.  That's really all that's needed to experiment
> with some of the variables.

Yes, I see that too ... thanks.

A note just for completeness.   In the OP of this thread I said the
mouse tools under the `Preferences menu' seemed to have no effect.

And I stand by that comment.

But now after meddling with things as suggested here in this
thread... I noticed the Preferences mouse tools now are working.

That is, Changing setting from highest to lowest or vice-versa shows a
marked difference where as prior to messing with the hal settings, that
was not true.

Maybe a side effect of something do with tinkering with hal settings?