[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help with some error while upgrading to latest open indiana

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Thu May 25 18:21:34 UTC 2017

There is an intermediate hipster snapshot that is preserved for the purpose
of *testing* a migration from dev 151a9 to hipster, with a process outlined
here:

https://wiki.openindiana.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30802657

It worked for me within the last month on a fairly basic OI install, though
I stayed at that snapshot, and didn't try to continue to rolling hipster
updates.  Remember the usual disclaimers about hipster, as it is rolling
release, being more of a testing distribution and not recommended for
production (rolling releases will inevitably break things now and then).

Tim