[OpenIndiana-discuss] Native speakers' help with translation wanted

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 4 13:12:01 UTC 2018

Michal Nowak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are slightly updating the English "Welcome to OpenIndiana Hipster"
> home page one can see when starting Firefox on MATE installation medium.
> If you have release/os-welcome package installed you can see the
> (localized) page at
>
>    file:///usr/share/doc/openindiana-welcome/html/index.html
>
> Can a native English speaker read the changed text at
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/openindiana-welcome/pull/10/files and
> provide feedback (either in the PR or here), please?
>
> We also ship translations of this page in following languages:
>
>    pt_br de el es fr nl pl ru sl
>
> May I ask native speakers in those languages to step in and help
> translate the page, please? It's less than half page of text.

I have put a temptative translation to French on

http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/welcome-fr.html

(also http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/welcome-fr.zip
for avoiding hooks added by my provider)

Anybody feel free to fix this translation (or ignore it),

And to mirror Peter's comment, part of frenchness is to have
a proper spacing before some punctuations such as colons or
exclamation marks...