[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Thu Dec 13 10:41:05 UTC 2018

On 12/13/18 11:31, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:

> On 12/12/18 02:55, Tim Mooney wrote:
>> In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox, Till Wegmüller
>> said...:
>>
>>> Thanks for that work guys. Unfortunately I does not work for me.
>>> My System Panics.
>>> I updated to the latest release this morning and still get panics every
>>> time I want to boot a VM.
>>
>> I finally had time to update to latest hipster after finishing a big
>> project at work.  I removed the old-style SUNWvbox (5.2.8) package first,
>> rebooted, then did multiple rounds of pkg updates, rebooted, then
>> installed system/virtualbox and again rebooted.
>>
>> I've only lightly tested my guests, but I haven't seen any panics yet.
>> Most stuff has worked fine, though I've discovered that none of my guests
>> have functioning audio, which I'll need to look into.  I'm hoping it's
>> just something weird at the host (not guest) level with audio, but I'll
>> try debug that tomorrow.
>>
>>> Does anybody know a thing I am missing or should I open a bug report?
>>
>> Assuming you got the old format package cleared out, then I'm not certain
>> what you could be missing.
>>
>> I'll be interested to hear as you make progress on this.
>>
>> Tim
> Hi All,
> I just have switched back form kvm to virtualbox (new BE updated to
> latest /hipster).
>
> Downloaded (from official virtualbox site) latest extension pack
> (unfortunately I did not cleared OLD /opt/VirtualBox directory in
> advance) and relevant VBoxGuestAdditions ISO to
> /opt/VirtualBox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso
>
> Then I have started my Win10 guest - all is working fine, except there
> is no sound!
>
> I see windows does not complain about missing devices (all, even
> microphone is shown), but no sound or recording available.
>
> Many thanks to Aurélien Larcher and Александр Пыхалов for this excellent
> work!
>
> With best regards.
> Predrag Zečević
I was too fast: bi-directional clipboard is also not working - but at
least Shared Folder do :-)
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!