[OpenIndiana-discuss] Next/Own-cloud client?

Tony Brian Albers tba at kb.dk
Thu Oct 8 05:35:26 UTC 2020

Good morning Till,

Yeah, I know I can use webdav for file access, but what I need is the
automatic sync features. Wait, maybe I can use rsync. I'll look into that.

The Nextcloud client has a level of intelligence that is really nice
when it comes to syncing files.

Today I'll ask my colleague -who is a tremendously skilled java
programmer if he knows of a java-based client.

Any suggestions about how to do automated syncing are welcome.

/tony

On 10/07/20 04:49 PM, Till Wegmüller wrote:
> Hey Tony
>
> I haven't tried with MATE but GNOME2 used to be able to navigate to
> Webdav shares as if they where mounted filesystem. Just paste the Webdav
> URL into the folder navigation textbox.
>
> You can get the Webdav URL from the Webinterface in the settings part
> below the Trashbin.
>
> It s usually something like https://$SERVER/remote.php/dav/files/$USER/
>
> Greetings
> Till
> On 07.10.20 14:54, Tony Brian Albers wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to use my Nextcloud server from OI.
>>
>> I haven't been able to find a client for OI/Illumos, and the original
>> Nextcloud client has a lot of QT dependencies that I don't know if OI
>> can satisfy, so I haven't tried to build it.
>>
>> I've tried using JFileSync3 (https://github.com/mgoellnitz/JFileSync3)
>> but it's not ideal.
>>
>> Another project, savegamesync (https://github.com/pseiler/savegamesync)
>> looks like it can be modified to act as a sync-client for more than just
>> savegame files.
>>
>> But does anyone have a native Nextcloud/Owncloud client working?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> /tony

Tony Albers - Systems Architect - IT Development Royal Danish Library,
Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Tel: +45 2566 2383 - CVR/SE: 2898 8842 - EAN: 5798000792142