[OpenIndiana-discuss] The kiss of death

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Thu Apr 22 22:29:11 UTC 2021

Hi Nelson!

Good to see you're not giving up.

[...]
> I powered off, rebooted from the ISO image, logged in as
> root/openindiana, and ran
>
>     # zpool import
>     # df -h /rpool
>     Filesystem    Size  Used    Available Capacity Mounted on
>     rpool       77.02G   33K    70.01G        1%   /rpool
>
>     # ls /rpool
>     boot
>
>     # ls /rpool/boot
>     grub     menu.lst

This is all that's in /rpool, so that is correct.

> So, the disk looks like it has almost been wiped clean, which should
> not be the case after all of the package updating.

You have 7GB worth of data on that disk.

Try a "zfs list -tall" to see what's really there.  I am guessing that
a lot of stuff did not get mounted since you did not specify a temporary
root directory (mkdir /tmp/mypool ; zpool import -R /tmp/mypool rpool).

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"