[OpenIndiana-discuss] DNS problem

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 15:20:36 UTC 2021

I've always used static addresses for my regular wired machines. I'd never even heard of nscd and only recently become aware of nwamd. My current network configuration morphed into rather a hodge podge over the last few years and is no longer a planned environment as it used to be. Some things are better e.g. zfs RAIDZ pools, etc, but lots of it is worse due in part to too much else to do and a bit of laziness tossed in for good measure :-(

Both nscd and nwamd are running. I need to figure out how to load the Oracle/Sun manuals onto my iPad so I can read them comfortably.

Old age has caught up with me and I have arthritis in my neck. The nerves get pinched looking at a regular monitor and it becomes extremely painful if I do it for long.

Thanks for the pointers.

Reg