[OpenIndiana-discuss] When will AMD XIII CPUs be supported

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Jan 22 09:29:57 UTC 2021

Hi Chris!

Hang in there!  I'm sure we'll get it to work eventually.

> Driver is NOT the problem.
> I think the only way I'm going to be able to install OI on this, is
> by plugging my sata drive into a USB adapter, and install it there.
> Then after installation. Plug the drive back into the sata port on
> the MB. I thought OI had better sata support. It clearly understands
> the controller.
>
> Well. They say a Picture paints a thousand words:
> https://bsdos.info/OI/Screenshot-2021-01-22-00-12-55.png

I don't think it's a matter of lacking "better SATA support".  Several
Sun servers had the nv_sata chip on board (we have an X2200M2 here), and
Solaris and thus illumos-based systems have supported that for a long
time.  It must be some interaction between the installer and your
system.

Do test an OmniOS USB installer, just to see if it can find the disks.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"