[OpenIndiana-discuss] When will AMD XIII CPUs be supported

Tony Brian Albers tba at kb.dk
Fri Jan 22 10:09:11 UTC 2021

On 01/22/21 10:29 AM, Volker A. Brandt wrote:
> Hi Chris!
>

> Hang in there!  I'm sure we'll get it to work eventually.
>
>> Driver is NOT the problem.
>> I think the only way I'm going to be able to install OI on this, is
>> by plugging my sata drive into a USB adapter, and install it there.
>> Then after installation. Plug the drive back into the sata port on
>> the MB. I thought OI had better sata support. It clearly understands
>> the controller.
>>
>> Well. They say a Picture paints a thousand words:
>> https://bsdos.info/OI/Screenshot-2021-01-22-00-12-55.png
>
> I don't think it's a matter of lacking "better SATA support".  Several
> Sun servers had the nv_sata chip on board (we have an X2200M2 here), and
> Solaris and thus illumos-based systems have supported that for a long
> time.  It must be some interaction between the installer and your
> system.
>
> Do test an OmniOS USB installer, just to see if it can find the disks.
>

> Regards -- Volker

On mine it says that the driver used is ahci, but the again it's an
intel controller I have.

Could you set your BIOS to display drives as ahci?

I second Volker's idea about trying out OmniOS.

/tony

--
Tony Albers - Systems Architect - IT Development Royal Danish Library,
Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark