[OpenIndiana-discuss] NUC boot

Toomas Soome tsoome at me.com
Sun Nov 5 12:03:40 UTC 2023

> On 5. Nov 2023, at 13:41, James <list at xdrv.uk> wrote:
>
> On 31/10/2023 09:38, Toomas Soome wrote:
>
> Good morning,
>
>> Could you try this image: http://84.50.115.54/OI-hipster-gui-20231027.usb
>
> It gets past the previous hurdle.  Thank you for whatever tweak this involved.

The problem is/was that the search for media was done before rebuilding device tree - so the disk device nodes were missing from /dev tree. So I did add one echo and devfsadm:)

> Now the "however".  It fails to open a graphical login screen.   Does this mean it is without graphics at all?  Would a text install and then "pkg install mate_install" make any difference?

Graphics is probably hard one - sure you can go without graphics. But if there is no driver for specific card and if framebuffer/VBE driver will not work, there will be no graphics. I have no information about anyone working on drivers.

rgds,
toomas