[OpenIndiana-discuss] NUC boot

James list at xdrv.uk
Sun Nov 5 14:38:56 UTC 2023

On 05/11/2023 12:25, Stephan Althaus wrote:

> In my experience, in most of the cases that lightdm is not working its
> because the X is not starting. Maybe the VESA doesn't work. Is there an
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log ?

The only complaint is:
    VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support

Could it be the dual displays?  I try setting "None" for HDMI 2 in the
BIOS, same result.

> OI lacks drivers for the latest Intel chipsets, but VESA should work.
> NVIDIA is best, if there is a PCI socket you could insert an old NVIDIA
> card (NVS 310 or NVS 295 are small passive ones for a few bucks)

Good advice, plenty on eBay for under 10 quid.  It is an NUC with
minimal expansion and I expect those video cards use several times the
power of the NUC (5.5W).

James.