[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun Management Centre

Rainer Heilke rheilke at dragonhearth.com
Tue May 21 09:15:43 UTC 2024

------ Original Message ------
>From "Toomas Soome via openindiana-discuss"
<openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
To "Discussion list for OpenIndiana"
<openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
Cc "Toomas Soome" <tsoome at me.com>
Date 2024-05-21 12:42:46 AM
Subject Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun Management Centre

>>  On 21. May 2024, at 10:28, Rainer Heilke <rheilke at dragonhearth.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Just a quick update:
>>  I'll still try to see if I can find any OpenIndiana.org references to smc (not having found them yet, I suspect they were third party pages), but I don't think I'll get to play with RBAC. It seems my test system likes to lose any USB drives on reboot, and when/if I get them back, all data is gone. zpool is even telling me that one zpool has a property that has never existed on this box:
>>  This pool uses the following feature(s) not supported by this system:
>>         com.klarasystems:vdev_zaps_v2
>>  cannot import 'Work': unsupported version or feature
>
>We do not support com.klarasystems:vdev_zaps_v2, so you have used OpenZFS based implementation to create this pool. To create pool which is supposed to be shared between different systems, you need to either create it on illumos, or disable feature flags on creation and enable them as needed.
I previously used one of the two drives on FreeBSD with OpenZFS, but the
current pool (a mirror) was created under OpenIndiana/hipster. It seems
zpool -a is seeing the old destroyed FreeBSD/OpenZFS, but not the
current OI pool. Interesting. Also annoying. :/

>There is a work to build arm support, there are even some images to allow to run the current state of the work, but there is still much work ahead about supporting arm.
That will be interesting. Thanks for the info.
Rainer